Museo De Artes Plasticas
A small museum dedicated to modern Argentinean Art located in Palermo next to the rose garden.
This beautiful museum is located in the heart of the Palermo Woods. It is a great way to spend an hour after enjoying a walk through the park - it is also a nice reprieve from the heat of summer. The museum includes a small cafe and a beautiful outdoor sculpture garden where you can enjoy a cool drink and soak in art and natural beauty at the same time.
The museum mixes in well with the garden. It looks like a small cottage for a gardener to keep his tools and maybe even live while maintaining the grounds, but it is filled with paintings, drawings and sculptures from various Argentinean artist such as Eloisa Ibarra, Naum Knop, and Ana Cadioti.
The museum was established in 1938 and named after Eduardo Sivori due to his work to promote art. The museum is still continuing to grow. Some of the more generous donations led to the creation of the Manuel Belgrano Plastic Arts Hall and the Tapiz Biennial Hall.
Copyright 2016 © BuenosAiresCityGuide.com
All Rights Reserved ®